How to get rid of BLACK HEADS:
- Use a foaming or gel cleanser instead of a cream cleanser.
- Use a toner with AHA/BHA as this will help reduce excessive oil production in the skin and also unclog pores.
- Use an oil-free moisturiser.
- Use mineral makeup instead of heavy foundation as it will clog pores.
- If you don’t see results with these home treatments then regular microdermabrasion or light AHA peels can help.
How to get rid of DARK CIRCLES UNDER THE EYES:
Unfortunately this is a genetic thing, something else to blame your parents for! There is no real cure for it but if you would like to reduce the dark circles consider these options:
- Buy an under eye cream that contains a combination of Retinol to thicken the skin, Vitamin K to reduce broken blood vessels and a skin lightening agent to reduce the pigments.
- Drink at least 8 glass of water a day to keep skin hydrated.
- Sleep at least 8 hours per night.
- Iron and Vitamin B supplements can help to reduce the dark circles under the eyes.
- There are also makeup tricks. Find a creamy concealer that is the right colour for your complexion and has enough coverage. Make sure to moisturize under the eyes before applying the concealer. A creamy concealer and a small brush is all you need. Start with inside corner of the eye and work downward, using a brush or your finger.
How to get rid of BLEMISHES:
- Soak a cotton bud in any anti-redness eye drop and place it in the freezer for 30 min, then hold it gently on the blemish for 1-2 minutes to reduce redness before allowing the area to dry.
- Using a small brush such as a lip liner brush, dab a small amount of concealer (one shade lighter than your natural colour) on top of the blemish and work it in a circular motion to blend the edges. Let it dry, then add one more layer if required follow by mineral make up or make up as usual.
How to get rid of ACNE SCARRING:
Unfortunately acne scarring needs serious medical and cosmetic treatments like laser therapy or derma fillers to treat it but thanks to make up tricks we can all have perfect skin. All you need is a cakey concealer and translucent powder. If the scar is pitted use a concealer one shade lighter than your complexion and use a pointed brush to fill in the centre of the scar, and if the scar is raised just use your fingers to apply the concealer. Wait few minutes for the concealer to set then use the loose powder all over. For extra coverage you can use a mineral make up powder. Also use skincare which contains AHA to exfoliate the dead layer of skin and Retinol to rebuild new skin cells.
How to get rid of BAGS UNDER THE EYES (without going under the knife):
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water, as this will reduce puffy eyes by decreasing the amount of salt in the body.
- Use a thick pillow or even two pillows when sleeping as keeping your head elevated will keep the fluid from settling under the eyes.
- Using tea bags under the eyes does wonders as the tannins in black tea helps to reduce bloat. Put the tea bags in hot water then take them out and chill them in the fridge and then rest on your eyes for 20 min.
- Using eye creams that contain caffeine and Q10 enzyme can fight swelling.
How to get rid of STRETCH MARKS:
- There is no magical cream that will make stretch marks disappear. You can minimize them by using Retinol to generate new skin cells, regular exfoliation to improve the circulation to the area.
- Avoiding excess of weight gain can also reduce the risk.
- Fake tan is great way to hide stretch marks. When you cant be bothered to self tan then use body shimmers or stay on body make up to cover the stretch marks.
How to get rid of TAN STREAKS ON YOUR LEGS:
The best way to prevent this from happening is to exfoliate the skin prior to tanning, use a fake tan that has a colour so you can see where you are applying it rather than a clear colour tans. Wait for the tan to dry before getting dressed. For streaks on your legs, scrub, rinse, wait for the skin to calm down then reapply the tanning lotion to the areas that have been exfoliated.
How to get rid of ORANGE COLOURED PALMS (after applying fake tan):
You can undo the damage by exfoliating. You can rub half a lemon to the palms and then exfoliate it with sea salt or body scrubs. Some make up removers can remove the excess of tan. If the colour is too strong then use nail polish remover but remember it is very drying to the skin so make sure you use hand moisturiser afterwards.
How to get rid of GRAY ROOTS WITHOUT HAIR COLOUR:
- Hats and scarves are the easiest way to hide gray roots if you are in a rush.
- If you have dark hair, consider using mascara (swipe the wand over the roots and let dry). Eye liner and brow pencils work well too.
- You can also purchase root touch up sticks designed specifically for grey hair, though these are just temporary solutions.
- There are also vitamins and Chinese herbs available which can help to slow down the grey hair process.
How to get rid of BAD BREATH:
- Good dental and mouth hygiene is very important. Chewing gums will increase the production of saliva which will help to fight bad breath. Chose cinnamon-flavoured gums as a recent study has found that cinnamon has breath-odour fighting abilities.
- Drink 8 glasses of water as water will minimize the bacteria in your mouth.
- Sometimes dental or medical conditions can be the reason for bad breath, make sure you see your doctor.