We are so excited to introduce a fabulous new anti-aging treatment to our clients – PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) is the perfect treatment for those seeking improved skin texture, elasticity, tone and thickness.
SO WHAT IS PRP?
PRP stands for Platelet Rich Plasma which is blood plasma containing a high concentration of platelets, also known as thrombocytes. PRP can help regenerate and revitalise damaged skin, reduce fine lines and improve skin texture.
PRP IS SUITABLE FOR:
- Tired and dry skin, laxity of skin, uneven pigmentation
- Signs of skin ageing
- Overall texture and tone improvement
- People looking for a natural treatment
RESULTS OF PRP TREATMENT:
- Improved skin texture, elasticity, tone and thickness
- Remodelling of the collagen fibres
- Long-term smoothing of fine line and wrinkles
SO HOW DOES IT WORK?
Direct injection of PRP into the skin works by supporting and accelerating the process of tissue regeneration and repair. PRP contains fundamental growth factors released by activated platelets to help initiate the tissue regeneration process by:
- Stimulation of new collagen production
- Induction of mesenchymal stem cell division and differentiation
- Stimulation of angiogenesis, the formation of new blood vessels
WHAT DOES THE TREATMENT INVOLVE?
Preparing PRP is a quick and easy process. Blood is collected from you in 1-2 specially designed tubes which are then centrifuged for 5-10 minutes. During centrifugation, a patented gel within the tubes isolates PRP from other unrequired cells within the blood.
PRP is then ready for application. Because PRP uses your own blood it is considered to be safe and the risk of immunological reactions or contamination with transmissible diseases is eliminated.
IS IT RIGHT FOR ME?
Please feel free to talk to one of our skin care specialists to see if PRP is suitable for you.