Glycolic Acid (AHA) Peels, also known as Fruit Acid Peels, are the gentlest of peels. Glycolic Acids work by stimulating new growth of collagen and skin by decreasing the bond that holds dead skin cells on the surface. This allows the dead cells to be removed, leaving behind a smoother and softer layer of skin. The skin’s appearance is also improved by re-hydrating the skin below the surface.
- Glycolic acid peels encourage new cell regeneration and help improve skin tone
- Helps reduce the signs of sun damage and acne flare-ups
- Also improves the appearance of age spots, fine lines and wrinkles by increasing the turnover of cells and exfoliation
- Usually results in little to no peeling which enables individuals to continue with their day to day activities with no inconvenience.
- No anaesthetic is required however patients will feel a burning or tingling sensation during the peel
- Following treatment the skin will turn red or pink but it heals without crusting
- It is essential that you wear sunscreen following a peel as sunlight on a treated area can cause discolouration